How sponsorship works
- How can I sponsor a GitHub event?
- Please complete our sponsorship form, and include the event you’re interested in sponsoring and whether you’re interested in a specific opportunity. We’d be happy to help you find the opportunity that best fits your goals.
- What will you need after I’ve committed to a sponsorship opportunity?
- Once you’ve signed and returned our contract, we’ll ask for: a high-resolution (preferably vector) logo in both full color and single color, a URL we can use for our site and event materials, and a 200-character description of your company. If you’ve selected an art installation, interactive hangout, or swag bag add-on, we’ll set up a creative kickoff to discuss the design of your piece.
- Do you offer discounts if I commit to more than one event this year?
- We’d love to see you at multiple events this year! We offer a 5%-15% multi-event discount when you commit to more than one event. The discount is based on the level of commitment and opportunities selected.
- I am interested in multiple events, but I can only commit to one right now. Will you still honor the multi-event discount?
- We can apply the multi-event discount at the time your second event is booked. Unfortunately, we can’t extend a retroactive discount to past events.
- The sponsorship I want is listed as “sold out”. Is there anything I can do?
- We can always add you to a waitlist and reach out if a similar opportunity becomes available. We’d also be happy to discuss other available solutions that meet your needs.
How lead generation works
- How can I capture leads at the event?
- To make sure we never sacrifice lead quality for quantity, we don’t provide lead scanners at our events. However, there are still plenty of ways to gather attendee information—and we’re happy to help you set those up. If you ask former sponsors of our events, they’d assure you that you’ll still collect a robust list of highly-quality leads, and that our attendees are more eager to connect outside of Universe because of the focus on conversation instead of scanning.
- Are there additional ways to engage with attendees outside of the event?
- Sponsors at the Delight, Engage, and Lead levels are encouraged to organize social events for attendees when our event activities aren’t scheduled, and we’d be happy to include information about your gatherings in our communication with attendees.
- I’d like to level up my presence Universe this year. What would you recommend?
- This year we’re offering a variety of add-on opportunities for our sponsors to increase your exposure and engagement at the event. From logo placement to creative swag in event totes, we’ve got lots of ways for you to maximize your presence at the event. Learn more about add-on opportunities.
- What is included in my sponsorship?
- Each sponsorship comes with a different set of benefits and perks. All sponsorships include: a logo with linked URL on the event website, logo placement in communications to attendees before and after the event, logo placement on signage at the event, and complimentary tickets (quantities based on sponsorship level).
- Do I get to speak at the event if I sponsor?
- Speaking opportunities are not guaranteed with sponsorship, but we highly encourage sponsors to submit a speaker proposal when submissions are open.
- Will I be able to demo my product at the event?
- Certain sponsorships include private demo areas or time at the shared demo desk. Please read opportunity descriptions carefully to determine if your opportunity includes demo time.
- Can you offer additional tickets to the conference beyond what comes with my sponsorship?
- Beyond the complimentary tickets included with your sponsorship, we offer a discount on additional tickets. Just let us know if you’d like to request additional tickets.
- Do I need to handle the production of anything for my sponsorship?
- We take care of everything related to the production of your event presence. If you’ve selected an art installation, interactive hangout, or swag bag add-on, we’d love for you to be involved in the creative process for your design, and we’ll take care of the rest.
How to get stuff to the venue
- What do I need to bring?
- If your sponsorship includes an onsite presence for your team, you just need to bring swag and handout materials. We’ll provide storage for these materials as needed. If you don’t have an onsite presence at the event, you don’t need to bring anything.
- Can I ship stuff to the venue?
- Shipping is not available at any of the venues, so you’ll need to carry all materials when you arrive. Exceptions are made for demo lounge, art installation, and interactive hangout sponsors at GitHub Universe who can ship up to three boxes to GitHub HQ in advance of the event. Please note: You’ll be responsible for carrying out all undistributed materials at the end of all events.
- Can I bring my own signage and props?
- Sorry, we don’t allow any external signage, equipment, and props in the venues without advance approval.