Here are some common questions we hear from event sponsors. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, send us a note.
How sponsorship works
- How can I sponsor a GitHub event?
- Please email us at email@example.com, and tell us what opportunity you are interested in. We’d be happy to set up a call to further discuss.
- How do I find out pricing for sponsorships this year?
- We would be happy to review the prospectus and share pricing with you! Please [email us](firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up some time to discuss.
- What will you need after I’ve committed to a sponsorship opportunity?
- Once you’ve signed and returned our contract, we’ll ask for: a high-resolution (preferably vector) logo in both full color and single color, a URL we can use for our site and event materials, and a 200-character description of your company. If you’ve selected Marquee or Principal level sponsorships, we’ll set up a creative kickoff to discuss the design of your space.
- The sponsorship I want is listed as “sold out”. Is there anything I can do?
- We can always add you to a waitlist and reach out if a similar opportunity becomes available. We’d also be happy to discuss other available solutions that meet your needs. Please feel free to [email us](email@example.com) to set up a call.
- I submitted a session topic to the CFS. Can I wait to hear back to confirm my sponsorship?
- We will not be confirming CFS submissions until late August. We encourage you to secure the presence you need at Universe as early as possible, as space is limited and will sell out before August.
- I want to sponsor 2024! Can I sign up now?
- We’d love to see you next year! As we don’t yet know what packages we’ll be offering, we can guarantee a 5%-15% YoY discount when you commit to 2024 within 30 days post- GitHub Universe 2023. The discount is based on the level of commitment and opportunities selected.
How lead generation works
- How can I capture leads at the event?
- All sponsors with an onsite demo presence will receive lead scanners. We will help you get set up and you can access your leads from our digital sponsor portal in real time. We ask that you only scan attendee badges with permission/opt-in.
- I’d like to level up my presence Universe this year. What would you recommend?
- This year we’re offering a variety of add-on opportunities for our sponsors to increase your exposure and engagement at the event. From logo placement to extra time on the demo stage, we’ve got lots of ways for you to maximize your presence at the event.
- What is included in my sponsorship?
- Each sponsorship comes with a different set of benefits and perks. All sponsorships include: a logo with linked URL on the event website, logo placement in communications to attendees before and after the event, logo placement on signage at the event, and complimentary tickets (quantities based on sponsorship level), a virtual demo booth, and a demo video in our curated library of on demand content.
- Do I get to speak at the event if I sponsor?
- Sponsors at the Marquee level receive a 40 minute slot on the Mainstage and sponsors at the Principal level will moderate/facilitate a breakout session. Otherwise we highly encourage sponsors to submit a speaker proposal when submissions are open. Please note the CFS has now closed.
- Will I be able to demo my product at the event?
- Certain sponsorships include private demo areas or time at the shared demo stage. Please read opportunity descriptions carefully to determine if your opportunity includes demo time.
- Can you offer additional tickets to the conference beyond what comes with my sponsorship?
- Beyond the complimentary tickets included with your sponsorship, we offer a discount on additional tickets. Just let us know if you’d like to request additional tickets.
- Do I need to handle the production of anything for my sponsorship?
- We take care of everything related to the production of your event presence. If you’ve selected a Marquee or Principal level sponsorship, we collaborate with you on the creative process for your installation. Just ship us your swag and send your team and we’ll take care of the rest!
- Can I choose my booth’s location/placement?
- Certain sponsors are placed in curated areas around the event campus. We work with you to determine the best placement for your area of focus. Specific requests are welcome but cannot be guaranteed, and will be offered on a first come, first served basis.
- How else can I get in front of attendees at Universe?
- You are encouraged to host your own gathering around the Universe program. From networking happy hours to workshops and office hours, attendees are always looking for things to do while in town. You are responsible for planning your own event and we will promote it to attendees. Please note you will need to secure your own space for these events.
- Can you provide a list of the other sponsors at Universe?
- As sponsors are secured they will be added to our event website.
How to get stuff to the venue
- What do I need to bring?
- You are responsible for bringing your own laptops for plugging into demo stations, along with any necessary adaptors. You can distribute giveaways (swag/flyers) within the footprint of your space with prior approval. Our team will handle all fabrication and load-in of your space so you shouldn’t need to bring anything else.
- Can I ship stuff to the venue?
- If your sponsorship includes an onsite presence for your team, you can ship limited amounts of swag/handouts in advance of the event and we will store and deliver it for you. You should not need to ship any other items to the venue as we are providing all items for your space. Please note: You’ll be responsible for carrying out all undistributed materials at the end of all events.
- Can I bring my own signage and props?
- Sorry, we don’t allow any external signage, equipment, and props in the venues without advance approval. We will get your signoff on all materials that feature your logo to ensure it meets your brand guidelines.